Saturday, June 30, 2007

Holy crap, they're starting to look REALISH.

OK, so I still have corners, but they're definitely not square anymore! I've been able to wear a real bra, no underwire, for almost four weeks now. Technically I'm supposed to still be wearing the GoT, but I just couldn't do it. I think I'm going to burn the GoT, and do a little dance around the fire.

The scarring is healing beeyewtifully, and I make sure to put pure vitamin E on them every night. I can tell when I forget, the scars are tight and uncomfortable the next day.

I haven't had ANY back pain due to my breasts since the day I woke up from the surgery. It's incredible. I had forgotten what it feels like to NOT be in pain. Friends have mentioned to me that they notice how much more easily I move around now, and that I'm UP a lot more than I used to be.


I went swimming for the first time this past weekend, and it was wonderful. I was able to swim and not have my breasts try to flip me over from their buoyancy. My bathing suit actually fit PROPERLY!




Holy crap, they're pointing the direction they're supposed to, and NOT at the floor!




Just about all the deep tissue bruising is gone, and I rarely have problems with the vice-grip pain anymore. I do admit, though, that there have been a few times I've put band-aids over my nipples to keep them from rubbing on the fabric of my bra. The excruciating sensitivity has gone away, and they're about the same as they were before surgery. I'm also regaining feeling in the anchor-area. Yay!

I've removed just about all of the stitches. I think that helped a lot with the sensitivity/vice-grip issue. They were supposed to be dissolving stitches, but most of them just came loose and started to slip out. All I had to do was pull on them and they came out with no problem. There are a few spots where the skin is still degraded, where the incision areas meet, but they're healing.

I'm looking forward to being able to work out. I haven't been able to exercise without back pain since I was 14 or so.

It's funny, the first question that friends ask when I haven't talked to them in a few days is, "How's the boobs?" I never realized my knockers could be so fascinating. LOL I do find myself staring at them in disbelief in the morning though, when I'm brushing my teeth. I still have a hard time getting my mind around the fact that THOSE are MINE.