Friday, June 29, 2007

Gravity is takin' over.

2 weeks after surgery and I was finally starting to get some realistic droop to the SquareBoobs. The bruising was finally starting to heal, the steri-strips were ready to come off. I was still on Lortab for the pain, but only once or twice a day. For the most part ibuprofen seemed to take care of the pain, and helped reduce swelling as well. They were still pretty tight, and I still had to sleep on my back. I was pretty excited about the fact that I was getting CLEAVAGE again, though.


I started taking the steri-strips off the night this picture was taken. At this point I was still wearing the Garment of Torture, and the steri-strips rubbing against the seams was agonizing. I even took to wearing a cotton sports bra underneath the GoT, to protect from the seams.

After I took the steri-strips in the anchor area off I realized that I had lost all feeling above the incision, up to the nipple area. The areolas themselves actually GAINED sensitivity, not something I needed. It felt like somebody was clenching my areolas with a vice grip and twisting with all their might. As far as the anchor area though, my husband could have poked me with a needle and I wouldn't have felt it.

I had my first follow-up appointment on June 7th. The doctor said that I could take the rest of the steri-stirps off (YAY!!) and that the incisions looked wonderful. He recommended pure vitamin E or Mederma every night, and allowed me to go up to no more than 10 lbs of lifting for the next six weeks. Apparently a 4 year old boy is still included on that "no more than 10 lbs" list.