Wednesday, August 8, 2007

The Importance of E

So I ran out of vitamin E a few weeks ago, and never got around to getting some more. (I'm a procrastinator like that, I'll put off the doing it later.) This last week or so I've been paying the price.

Thanks to the JOYS of PMS my breasts have been extra sensitive this last week, and the scar tissue has been pretty painful. It felt like it was trying to tear from the inside. It really didn't help that I had to wear my oh-so-lovely torso length Spanx this week and last, and the top elastic rests right under my breasts. I wanted to rip my breasts off. I think that might have been just a little more comfortable. The scars were even a good bit redder than they had been.

I finally got around to getting some more vitamin E, and once I sat down to rub it in (my husband's favorite part of the day) I swear I could hear my breasts start to purr. It felt sooooooooo good. I swear it felt like the scar tissue started to loosen just from a few applications of E.

So I hereby make a pledge to my breasts: I promise you, dear boobies of mine, that I will take better care of you. I will rub you with vitamin E every night. If you promise not to get all sweaty and greasy on me I'll even rub you in the morning.

10 weeks, 1 day post surgery. The scars are completely healed, and natural sag is taking over. Damn gravity. I liked the perky boobs!! (Hm....looking at this picture, I think my areolas are starting to stretch a little. )


What they should look like in about a year. I hope. While I love my new boobs, I don't love my new corners. I love how round they look like that, though. Too bad I'd look like a giant white ape if I walked around holding my corners in like that.



Instead of holding the corners in by hand, I'll settle for a bra. This is my favorite for the time being. I still don't wear underwires, the scar tissue is still a little too sensitive for that.

When I bought this bra it was only about a week after surgery. I still had bandages on and had to have one of the ladies at Lame Giant help me get the bra on. I should have waited, but who can turn down a BOGO sale? Not me! I wish I had taken pictures when I first got this bra. It looked horrible, I had the pointy Madonna look going on , and there was soooo much loose fabric in the cups. It doesn't look that great in the pic, but it's comfortable. And no, the wrinkles don't show through my tops.